February 10, 2021 - Lent & Holy Week10/20/2021
February 10, 2021
Dear Fellow St. Boniface Parishioners,
I hope this email finds you and yours well. It’s been a while since my last covid-19 update, mostly because there haven’t been any major changes. With Lent starting next week, however, people have been asking about our plans at St. Boniface, so I thought it would be good to touch base again.
- I have attached a copy of the Lenten regulations for your review. These are the same regulations as every Lent. We also continue to observe all the covid-19 regulations of the diocese, making every effort and taking every precaution to keep people safe at St. Boniface.
- I have also attached a copy of our Lent and Easter schedule. I hope that you plan to participate in many of the activities, especially the liturgies. For those who are unable to attend in person, we will livestream and record the services on Ash Wednesday (2/17 at 7:00 PM), Holy Thursday (4/1 at 7:00 PM), Good Friday (4/2 at 3:00 PM), and the Easter Vigil (4/3 at 8:30 PM). Of course we continue to livestream and record Sunday Masses at 7:30 AM as well. Please check our website to view the livestream or recordings (http://www.stbonifaceparisherie.org/index.php).
- We will distribute ashes at all three masses on Ash Wednesday. However, following the directives of the Holy See, it will be done by observing the ancient custom of sprinkling ashes on the head rather than applying them to the forehead.
- We will distribute blessed palm branches at all Masses on Palm Sunday (2/27-28) as well. The procedure for doing so will be explained at the Masses.
- Finally, since I haven’t been sending out these updates as frequently, a great way to stay up-to-date on parish activities is to regularly check our parish website (http://www.stbonifaceparisherie.org/index.php), which includes online copies of our weekly bulletin, and our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/bonifaceparish/). Thank you to Tara Schupp and Jeanne Yaple for maintaining these valuable resources and to Melanie Kennerknecht, our parish secretary, for sending out these emails and keeping us connected.
A year ago, our church was closed and we were unable to come together for this most sacred time of year. Now, by the grace of God, our doors are open wide, ready to welcome everyone back again (albeit at 50% of the church’s capacity at a time). While each person must make his or her own health decisions, I can think of no better time to come home to St. Boniface than Lent and Easter. Please prayerfully consider your own health situation and the actual facts regarding covid-19 to make a prudent decision about when is the right time for you and your family to return to church if you have not already done so, and please let me know if I can help you in any way.
Peace in Christ,