May 14, 202005/18/2021
May 14, 2020
Dear Fellow St. Boniface Parishioners,
The Yellow Phase has begun, but what exactly that means for us is still unclear, at least as far as public Mass goes. The Bishop is meeting with the deans and other diocesan leaders to formulate a plan, but, until that is released, we will continue as-is. I know that is frustrating for you, as it is for me, and I thank you for your patience and understanding. My plan for our parish is to begin public Mass as soon as the Bishop allows it. He has permitted public Eucharistic adoration, which we will resume Thursday, May 28, from 6:00 – 7:00 PM. Come when you can, leave when you must, but we hope to see you there!
- SUNDAY MASS - Public Masses remain canceled at this time. We continue to livestream and record Sunday Masses at 9:00 AM. I apologize for the audio issues last weekend – again, it was a faulty microphone. We are attempting to correct the problem. Thank you for your patience as we continue to work the bugs out. To join us live, please check your parish email for the link.
- MASS HYMNS – The hymns for this Sunday’s Mass will be as follows:
- Gathering – Three Days
- Offertory – Prayer of St. Francis
- Communion – We Have Been Told
- Recessional – Let There Be Peace on Earth
- CONFESSIONS – Regularly scheduled confessions resume this Saturday, May 16, at 4:15 PM. As always, confessions also remain available by private appointment by calling 814-218-3249.
- OFFICE HOURS – The parish office is open for walk-in business 9:00 – 11:00 AM, Monday – Friday, until further notice. Anyone entering the church or church office is required to wear a face mask and to maintain necessary social distancing. Other parish business can be conducted via phone (825-4439) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Thank you again for your patience and cooperation.
- MARIAN SHRINE – Thank you to Jeannie Wise and her crew for setting up a beautiful Marian shrine in the gathering space for the Marian month of May. If you stop in the church to pray, please include a prayer or two at the shrine. Also, if you raise flowers at home and would like to add to the shrine’s beauty by adding some flowers, please feel free to do so.
- FAITH FORMATION – We continue to post new, original videos on our website, YouTube, and Facebook pages. Please keep checking for new videos and keep growing in your faith. A special note to the families of our First Holy Communion class to please check your email for updates and resources from Mrs. Yaple and Mrs. Srnka regarding the retreat, rehearsal, and First Communion celebration.
That’s it for now. I hope to have more information, particularly about the return of public Masses, soon. Until then, take care, God bless, and hang in there, and, as always, please let me know if there is any way we can help you through this ordeal.