May 6, 202005/18/2021
May 6, 2020
Dear Fellow St. Boniface Parishioners,
As we near the transition of our area from the “Red Phase” of COVID 19 precautions to the more relaxed “Yellow Phase”, many questions about what exactly that means for our parish life arise, most of which I unfortunately cannot answer at this time. But I can update you on some things below.
- SUNDAY MASS - Public Masses remain canceled at this time. We continue to livestream and record Sunday Masses at 9:00 AM. I know some people experienced difficulties trying to watch the Mass live last Sunday. I apologize for any problems you may have had. Please do not attempt to join the Mass until about 8:45 AM as it will not allow you to join until we have begun the live feed. Also note that there will be several minutes of “dead air” before Mass begins; this does not mean your connection is malfunctioning – it simply means Mass has not yet started. Finally, you may have noticed the sound of static in last week’s Mass. This is probably not a problem with your audio; it is a faulty microphone on our end. We are attempting to correct the problem. Thank you for your patience as we continue to work the bugs out. To join us live, please use the link in your latest parish email update.
- MASS HYMNS – The hymns for this Sunday’s Mass will be as follows:
- Gathering – Morning Has Broken
- Offertory – Where My Father Lives
- Communion – As a Child Rests
- Recessional – Love Divine, All Loves Excelling
- OFFICE HOURS – Beginning Monday, May 11th, we will reopen the parish office for walk-in business on a limited basis. The office will be open from 9:00 – 11:00 AM, Monday – Friday, until further notice. Anyone entering the church or church office is required to wear a face mask and to maintain necessary social distancing. Other parish business can be conducted via phone (825-4439) or email (email@example.com). Thank you again for your patience and cooperation.
- FACE MASKS – With the requirement to wear masks while in the church or office continuing, we could always use more masks. If you make masks and have a few to spare, we would certainly appreciate it if you could drop them off in the mask box at the church entrance. Thank you for your help in making our church and office accessible!
- MARIAN SHRINE – Thank you to Jeannie Wise and her crew for setting up a beautiful Marian shrine in the gathering space for the Marian month of May. If you stop in the church to pray, please include a prayer or two at the shrine. Also, if you raise flowers at home and would like to add to the shrine’s beauty by adding some flowers, please feel free to do so.
- FAITH FORMATION – We continue to post new, original videos on our website, YouTube, and Facebook pages. Please keep checking for new videos and keep growing in your faith. A special note to the families of our First Holy Communion class to please check your email for updates and resources from Mrs. Yaple and Mrs. Srnka regarding the retreat, rehearsal, and First Communion celebration.
That’s it for now. I hope to have more information, particularly about the return of public Masses, next week. Until then, take care, God bless, and hang in there, and, as always, please let me know if there is any way we can help you through this ordeal.