August 7, 202005/19/2021
August 7, 2020
Dear Fellow St. Boniface Parishioners,
Just a reminder that, due to an increasing number of parishioners returning to Mass, which is wonderful, we have consistently approached our mandated 1/3 church capacity limit for several weeks at the 7:30 and 10:30 Sunday Masses. Therefore, I have decided to add a Mass on Sundays. Beginning August 9th, we will temporarily add a 9:00 AM Mass on Sundays. This Mass will continue until the present restrictions are lifted, at which point we will return to our normal Mass schedule. Hopefully this will enable us to continue to provide public Mass for our parishioners while honoring the current restrictions. We will need to recruit liturgical ministers to serve at the new Mass, so if you are a reader or server and are able to help with that, please contact the parish office. We will also need volunteers to wipe the church down with disinfectant after that Mass, so please let us know if you can help with that.
- The 7:30 AM Sunday Mass continues to be livestreamed and recorded each week for those who are unable to return to Mass at this time. Please use the link below to livestream.
Meeting ID: 957 1341 3958
- We also continue to expand our outreach online with a new daily podcast. Tuesday through Saturday I will record my weekday Mass homilies and post them on Podbean, a free, online podcast hosting service. You can use the following link or go to our parish website under the “Mass” tab to check these short daily reflections out: http://www.stbonifaceparisherie.org/podcast.html.
- The summer raffle on August 9th is here!
- The drawing of the winners for the big ticket items as well as the main prize will be aired live on Facebook beginning at 2:00 PM on August 9th. Use the below link or check our website to watch.
- Also, we will have an opportunity for the public to view the prizes and baskets that are available and to purchase tickets the day of the drawing. The prizes will be on display in the Coleman Center 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM. Masks and social distancing will be required, so please plan accordingly.
- Don’t forget to order your parish T-shirt, too! You can do so on our website or Facebook page, at the church, and the day of the drawing in the Coleman Center.
- I posted it a day later than I hoped, but my pie making video, “Chaos in the Kitchen”, is available for viewing at our website, YouTube, and Facebook pages. We can’t enjoy the delicious pies that our parishioners so generously donate each festival this summer, but you can at least laugh at my struggles to bake a pie. Our fearless taste testers (i.e. the parish staff) said my pie tasted great, but they may have felt contractually obligated to do so. In any case, watch the video, get a few chuckles, maybe learn a little about baking a pie (by learning from my mistakes), and get pumped up for the summer raffle!
Thanks again to all of you for your unwavering faith during this challenging time. Hang in there, take care, and please let me know if I can be of help to you in any way.